This behavior is so not necessary and uncalled for. Treat people as you would like to be treated...If you have no self-respect, then treat people as you would want them to treat your mother. Allison is such as inspiration to all women in business and it just breaks my heart to hear that there are still angry souls in this world that must malign others with their nastiness.
What can you do? You can make a great attempt each and every day to help someone:
Do something special for someone..."out of the blue" and make their day - nothing fancy necessary...
- Promote someone else and help them gain more business - takes two seconds to refer someone
- Call someone in the family for no other reason that to say, "Love Ya"!
- Phone a colleague and let them know you appreciate their efforts and ask to return the favor
- Call a friend and offer to take the kids Friday night for them
- Email a competitor and tell them you admire them...I did this years ago with Anne-Marie of BrambleBerry.com
- Sit for 5 minutes each day and think good thoughts about someone else
- Help an elderly person in any way they need
Have a great and prosperous day and help someone today! It will make your own day mean a lot more!
Toodles for now....Kelley